Friday, May 27, 2005

Getting Along

Being a romance writer, I'd have to admit that I'm a complete romantic and a bit of a dreamer.

Not saying that I have my head in the clouds, my feet are firmly planted on the ground, but I've noticed something.

I get along better with my ex now then when we were married. We're better friends now and we even have real conversations, talk to each other better.

Now I know there may be an entire list of reasons why, and they're really not that important or relevant but it's interesting to me.

Relationships are hard. Marriage isn't all roses and doves but it's something you have to want and work at, at least in my experience. So it got me wondering, is it that we just weren't compatible? Or did we not want it enough? Maybe he just wasn't the right person for me.

Or perhaps he was the right person then and just isn't the right person to help me move on, move along, go to the next level/plateau in my life. I'm a firm believer that people come into our lives for a reason. That everyone serves a purpose and we are here for each other, to help guide and push and spur on and antagonize so we'll work harder.

And I'm not bitter about the divorce or the marriage. I'm happier now then I have been. And I guess I have my ex to thank for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home